Friday, June 15, 2012

It seems to be hard for me to write my blogs regularly. So many things seem to get in the way. Last week and this one have been pretty hectic. Of course the high point was my Book Launch last Saturday. Though my audence was nt very numerous, everyone there seemed to be interested in my new memoir, and a couple were new to my writing and bought all or most of them, which was very gratifying. I am now promoting my three memoirs as a historical trilogy. I'm hoping they will appeal to older people because they remember those times, and to younger people because they know so little about them, and would like to know more.

Then my writers' group, High Country Writers, had our annual Spring Fling yesterday, and it was a lovely party. This year it was hosted by Maggie Bishop, our founder, in her  beatiful new house, which has the most superb view I have yet seen, Even in this High Country, where great views are everywhere you look, I have not found its equal. To help make up for the days when I didn't write a blog, I will share the poem I wrote for the occasion (we're all supposed to write something):

ANOTHER SPRING, ANOTHER FLING
How quaint!
In this chop-chop world
of pleasure NOW!
of moment by moment delight,
 never mind tomorrow
they say it may never come.

The feast is spread.
Sit down to it
before some angry god
jerks off the tablecloth
and sends ther world crashig.

And in this selfsame world
we sit and read our verses
as we have done each year
and plan to do in many years to come,
peaceful in our surety of eternal renewal.

All hail to HCW. I know
our future is safe in your folded hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment