Sunday, September 21, 2014

Why is it so hard to write a blog? It seems easier for me to write a whole chapter of a book than a couple of a paragraphs for one of my memoirs. Now that I feel too old to write any more books (stiff fingers --it would take forever)  want to tell the world about my trilogy of memoirs, Sharing my experiences is the best way I can imagine to help people more aware of the ups and downs of life.

I was impelled to put my memories on paper for that very reason. I learned the hard way how much history repeats itself, and how one experience reflects so many others and so helps us understand . our own lives. Because my generation lived through such critical times -- years of war, great depression, revolution -- times which changed the whole course of our existence, my stories may help us confront and endure similar changes. As our years go by fewer of us remain available to share our common histories. Having them bound in print comforts me to know they'll still be here when I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment